Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Angel Wings - Poem


My Blue Angel - Arifa Asariah


ANGEL WINGS


To those who have angel wings and many lives
I think of you as I fold my wings carefully into my back
(neatly tucked into the hidden crevices of skin)

I muse at the secrecy of wings
who shows theirs by day
and by night it's hard to see 
the fine mesh woven thread secret feathers
as we hover over dreams

taking respite from this one state of being
catching prismic truth and beauty
as it flows through
feasting on the flavour

tasting the freedom and movement in our hearts
angel singing to the sound of our own drum
eventually returning
to morning light
solid ground
traffic
birdsong
day

the fade in
fades out that knowing place
where we danced and flew 
on dream edged bliss
and we angel fall

fold our guilty wings back into ourselves
hidden in careful denial

for what are we taught about fallen angels
but that they are feared
as devils


No comments:

Post a Comment